Ms. Demi Gooch - Stonewall Scholarship
- The 2021 Application is now open for one scholarship to be awarded in the amount of $500.
- We consider many factors when evaluating scholarship applicants, including: (1)Financial need or independence; (2)Personal history; and (3)Community involvement and work experience
Who Should Apply
- Members of Black Trans community.
- Students who are currently attending or enrolled for the Spring 2022 semester at an accredited community college in the Greater Sacramento region (El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba. San Joaquin, Amador, or Calaveras counties)
- May be maintaining either full-time or part-time course load
- Individuals who demonstrate a commitment to advancement of the LGBTQ+ community
- Applications are due on November 15, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
- Applicants will be notified in December 2021.
- Please e-mail completed application to:
Katie Patterson at [email protected]
- Click the button below to download the application.
About Demi Gooch
Ms. Demi Gooch (she/her/hers) has dedicated her life to these core issues. Native to the Sacramento region, Demi is a black woman of trans experience. Professionally, Ms. Gooch has worked in the education sector in various capacities since 2005. She particularly values moments in which she is able to provide her trans/ GNC students and their families resources and supports that aide them in smoothing their academic experiences. Ms. Gooch’s spare time is often filled with planning and organizing community events where marginalized community members step into leadership roles while also serving some of the region's other vulnerable populations. “Trans people are natural leaders that often get overlooked when opportunities arise” says Ms Gooch. “If it means creating our own, we must”. In recognition of her tireless efforts, the Stonewall Foundation is providing this scholarship in her honor.